- Wear your retainer at all times, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainer out when eating, and always put it back in its case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean the retainer thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors. Efferdent® or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing.
- When your retainer is not in your mouth, it should ALWAYS be in its case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to it faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat yours with care. If your retainer gets lost or broken, call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainer, or you believe it needs adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust it yourself.
- Always bring your retainer to your appointments.
- Retainer replacements are expensive, but with proper care they will last for years!
- Remove your retainer when you go swimming.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins.
"The best orthodontics partnership in Rocklin. I've personally met all the staff and in-house technicians. Their dedication and attention to detail is of the highest caliber. Both Dr. Martin and Dr. Alexander are really friendly and take a personal interest in each patient. I highly recommend them."
"Really nice staff. Dr. Martin took his time to explained the treatment for my 10-year-old son, his office made us feel very comfortable. He's very easy going, professional, and caring. His staff is courteous and friendly. The office environment is very positive, they make it fun by having raffles, games in the lobby, TV, plenty of reading material, and at our last visit they had gourmet cookies."
"New options now for braces that make things less conspicuous while wearing braces. Things have changed from when I was a kid! I'm feeling really good about where my son is going, and how he's going to look at the end of this process. I highly recommend this office!!!"